We’re a group of charitable social enterprises providing community services across Southern England. As a not-for-profit organisation every penny we make in surplus is reinvested back into the wider communities we work with.
We’re currently recruiting for care jobs in Southampton and Hampshire for our not-for-profit organisation SCA Care.
Social Care is valued more than ever. Join us and be the person that helps to make a difference to people’s lives.
Everybody needs a little help sometimes, and we’re here to help people live the life they want to lead. Our approach puts the people who use our services at the heart of everything we do.
For some, it’s help to continue to live in the house they call home for as long as possible. For others it’s help with cleaning and preparing meals, getting out to the shops, assistance with personal care or accessing day opportunities.
Everyone we support has a story to tell. When we share stories of the defining moments of our lives, we connect and build a relationship built on trust, support, and mutual respect. This makes a day at work incredibly rewarding.
Don’t just take our word for it! Find out how important your role as a support worker with us could be and how we change lives for the better by watching this video below.
We’re currently recruiting for one of our not-for-profit organisations called SCA Care that delivers quality care services to people across the south east. To be part of our care team you’ll need to be a good listener, have a friendly nature, be compassionate & patient, and have a genuine concern for the welfare of others.
What we offer
- Paid day off on your birthday, so you can relax
- 6 weeks paid holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- We’re flexible – work to fit your preferred hours
- Paid travel time
- Paid mileage, which is automatically calculated for you
- Excellent Refer a Friend bonus
- Guaranteed hour contracts, if that’s what you would like
- Pay enhancements for a care qualification over Level 2
- Free training including comprehensive training package including QCF qualification
- Training time paid
- Make a career in care! We offer an excellent career pathway
- Free branded work wear and lanyard
- Access to a Blue Light Card
- Pension scheme
Where in Southampton and Hampshire are these jobs?
We cover all areas of Southampton (East, West, and Central). We also support people across Hampshire in areas such as the New Forest (Lyndhurst, Lymington, New Milton, Blackfield, Dibden, Marchwood, Fawley and Calmore), Totton, Eastleigh, Chandlers Ford, Hedge End, and Portsmouth. We always work with you to understand your circumstances and the areas local to you.
Why choose your Care Assistant or Support Worker jobs in Southampton?
Fed up commuting to a 9-5 job, mindlessly putting in the hours and returning home, just to get up and do it all over again the next day?
Why not use your skills to benefit others? Join our care team that makes an impact to people’s lives – join Team SCiA.
Social Care in Action (SCiA) is a successful, not-for-profit group of social enterprises focused on health and wellbeing. We have over 30 years’ experience, working in local communities and meeting the needs of local people. As a not-for-profit we reinvest back into our communities.
We also offer a range of great benefits when you join our SCA Care team – take a look at what we offer above! Contact our team and learn more about our exciting opportunities today.
When can you start working as a Care Assistant or Support Worker?
We don’t always require any previous care experience for you to join our care team. We have Care Assistant jobs and Support Worker jobs available now, so contact us today to speak to one of the team and start your journey!
What are the qualities of a good carer?
Are you a friendly, compassionate and dedicated person? If so, you would be perfect for our care roles.
We’re looking for people who are good listeners, have a friendly nature, are compassionate & patient, and have a genuine concern for the welfare of others.
For us, personality and passion come before education. Caring experience would be the cherry on the top, but as long as you have the right attitude and values, then we’d love you to apply! You’ll always be supported and looked after by your SCA Care colleagues and wider Social Care in Action family.
What types of roles do you offer?
What do Care Assistants and Support Workers do?
We’re all about person-centred care. We make sure that the customer’s home always remains personal to them, and that the care and support given is tailored to their unique and individual needs.
- Promoting and encouraging independence, whilst assisting our service users with their daily routines.
- Identifying new opportunities for integration, participation, and inclusion, available to the people we support, both within our services and the community.
- Providing quality personal care in accordance with your client’s care plan, which could include bathing, toileting etc. depending on individual needs, while maintaining respect and sensitivity.
- Participating in household tasks, which include cleaning, cooking, ironing, washing etc. while encouraging the people we support to join in.
- Engaging in conversation and sometimes having a belly laugh together over something silly!
Do I need to drive?
Not all of our jobs require you to drive! Some of our Care Assistant jobs and Support Worker jobs do require a full, valid and clean driving licence and access to your own motorised transport. However, some of our other care jobs such as those at our Extra Care sites in Lymington, New Milton, and Totton do not always require it. Contact our friendly team to learn more about our exciting opportunities.A