Please be advised that Southampton Healthy Living and Southampton City Council have reached an agreement to end the current service as of 31st March 2019.
The service has stopped taking on referrals.
Southampton residents can find a wide range of health information on topics such as smoking, weight loss, physical activity and advice on alcohol via the following accredited websites.
- Smoking: https://www.nhs.uk/smokefree or call them on 0300 123 1044 Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm and Saturday and Sunday 11am to 4pm
The website offers telephone help line, web chat, email, and app options.
- Weight loss: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-weight/start-the-nhs-weight-loss-plan/
Includes a 12-week self-led online, weight-loss programme
- Alcohol: https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/for-your-body/drink-less/
Helpful tips on how you can improve your health by making changes to your drinking
Free and confidential advice for people aged 25 and over
Free and confidential advice for people aged 24 and under
- Physical activity: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/get-active-your-way/
Includes the Active 10 app to get you moving
- NHS Health Checks: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/nhs-health-check/
This is a mid-life MOT for 40-74 year olds, once every 5 years. Your GP practice can review your cholesterol, blood pressure and lifestyle to see if you might be at greater risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes or dementia in the future.
- One You: https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/
The website is aimed at adults 40+ but can be used by others to get information and do self-checks that help you move more, eat more healthily and assess your mental health. The One You website includes links to many of the sites above, as well as apps and self-assessments.